Alexander


Thrifted little boys blazer, Alexander Wang pocket tank, DIY lace skirt, Vintage belt, F21 wedges

The most comfortable clothes are the simplest, easy rule lol. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feel of Alexander Wang's tank tops, they're so soft and comfortable. I'm wearing an XS, but as you can see it's definitely a bit bigger. I'm okay with that though. I also love that you can pair it with jeans, skirts, slacks, etc. It's very versatile.

Two tips for petites today, and one of them was pretty much handed down by my roommate Louise. She gave me this thrifted kids blazer and it totally fits. When I go thrifting, it's pretty hard to find blazers that fit, so why not go look at the kids section. I think that's where I find a lot of stuff that fit perfectly and even cheaper since it's kids clothes. This skirt is also another petite tip. This piece was originally an extra large lace tank top but I just cut it in half and sewed the sides to fit my body. Since the material is already stretchy, I didn't have to add an elastic band at the top. Now I have a lace skirt that cost me around $1. Most of the time when I go thrifting, I'm always eyeing things that are possible DIY projects. Fabric is definitely something I pay attention to because I may not necessarily like the shape of the piece, but I love the fabric. So I just figure out how to work with what I've got and I end up with pieces that I love and are unique. Most of my projects are very simple sewing wise. Just to let you guys know, I've only picked up the sewing machine this school year, so it's relatively not that hard to do the projects I've done.

Here's a pic of the tank top before DIY:
Photobucket

No comments: