MOCA date


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
DIY Cape, Thrifted blouse, Buffalo skinnies, Aldo heels

On Saturday me and B had an adventure in LA. We headed to Bottega Louie to eat a late lunch and it was yummy. We got a pizza and the sub sliders, we also picked up some macaroons, but I digress, the ones from La Provence were still better. We then headed out to MOCA to check out their new exhibition Art in the Streets. AMAZING, one of my favorite exhibitions ever, if you're around LA, you should go. It's street art from the 70s til now.

This is what I wore out that day. I finally got use out of my cape, it's sadly always on my closet rack. I also tried out my new shoes, and I definitely need to buy some cushion tape to make them comfy. This is also the first time I wore out my thrifted blouse, I guess this whole outfit is full of firsts. It definitely made my outfit pop more and the hostess at Bottega Louie commented on my great outfit as soon as I came in. I'm usually wary of wearing bright colors just because its out of my color palette, but its nice to change things up every once in awhile. As for a petite tip, this blouse is an extra large but I just rolled up the sleeves and tucked excess fabric in my pants, pretty simple. Things might look huge when you buy them, but you can definitely make it fit a petite figure easily.

I actually made this cape (well B mostly made it) because I couldn't find a cape that fit my size at the stores. It's a very easy shape so it's definitely not impossible to do. I just bought 1 1/1 yards of two different fabric colors and some binding. It's pretty much the shape of a rectangle and fit it to my shape and added a hood, there are tons of tutorials for capes online. So if you ever want a certain type of new style item at the store and can't find it in your size, you should seriously take a look at it and see if you can make it yourself. I'm no master at the sewing machine but I love making things for myself that are unique. There's nothing more embarrassing than finding out some girl is wearing the same outfit. EEK.

3 comments:

Austin. said...

Sweet cape! Also, superb blog!

Austin. said...

Sweet cape! Also, superb blog!

Carrie said...

i LOVE your cape!

xo,
c