a thrift story


Thrifted top, sweater and clutch, Abercrombie kids shorts, Vintage belt, H&M flats



Yesterday, we went thrifting near Long Beach and it was the most difficult time shopping I've had in awhile. First off, this was my fault by the way for not reading the advertisements properly, was that I noticed advertisements for 50% a few tags they had and I instantly started to rummage around looking for clothes. Low and behold, when I got to the register I had almost $20 worth of stuff they were going to charge me for. To say the least my jaw dropped. Apparently, the sale wasn't for another week. (Why would you have tons of advertisements around the store for a sale that's not going to happen for another week? I have never experienced this.) The second thing was that this place was cash only, and stupid me thought I could easily get by with $13 (I was highly misled by a yelp review that said they got 3 items for under $5, bahh). So I regrettably started to take things back in order to get under $13. What happened next was something that I'm still annoyed about. I had this $2 dress shirt I was really psyched about buying, but when I realized I needed to let it go since the total was at $16, I returned it and suddenly the total comes up at $8. What? I didn't realize this mistake until after we were in the car. I realized that the cashier rung the dress up at $6 (the original price), when it was marked down on the tag as $2. *Sad face. I learned a lot from today's trip and I hope I never make or have so many mishaps. I did get a couple items though and I guess I'm happy I didn't spend too much. Thrifting isn't always fun and games lol. 


Follow MangotatoesFollow Mangotatoes




14 comments:

Karolina Baszak said...

I love You :* seriously girl <3 You're so adorable. I follow You!

Claire and Vasia said...

We like your outfit and your photos..
You are so cute..

www.fashionhasit.com

lolita said...

wow your blog is amazing you have great style x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

CANDACE said...

ahhh i love your style : )

xx, july+after
latest post: conversations over coffee

The Flightless Darling said...

Love the casualness of your outfit Mango :)
Sorry to hear about your terrible tales on thrifting. Hopefully next time you score major bigs!!

xx Kat

By Sara Romero said...

The colors in your images are gorgeous!

xoxo
FAKE EMPIRE
www.shopfake.com

Vantage Point Vintage said...

Lovely look! <3

Best,
Nicole D http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog/

Janna said...

I just discovered your blog...i LOVE your style!

swellmayde said...

you have amazing style! there's simplicity that so chic!

thanks for stopping by!

take care, aimee

diy blog: swellmayde

mishka said...

What an amazing and sweet outfit :)
www.ourfashiondiary.com

Krimly said...

woww you look gorgeous! the shorts are amazing and I like your sweater so much!

xoxo
www.mycherrygum.com

Francesca Giusti said...

love this post and also your blog. I follow you!
pass to my blog and if it likes you, follow me back :D
kiss
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

Winda Tiodang said...

I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! NICE POST!! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG:

seekthesleek.blogspot.com
if you follow my blog:
- I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
- I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
- I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
- I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
*THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*
-YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK IF U WANT, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS

(PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

Francesca said...

Girl you're so pri-tay!

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com