Sseko Designs


As promised, here are more photos and information about Sseko Designs! When the company first contacted me about a collaboration, I was thrilled. If you know me personally, I've always been interested in activism and this brought a perfect way to combine fashion and activism. Sseko Designs was started by Liz Forkin Bohannon, who traveled to Uganda and saw first hand how difficult it was for women to financially support their college education. By starting Sseko Designs, the company gives Ugandan women the opportunity to work and help fund their education through scholarships, which are raised by handmaking these sandals and selling them. Sounds wonderful right? If you're still interested in learning about the company here is a link to the website: Sseko Designs. Also, they have stories of the Ugandan women who profited from these sandals and also current students. 

As for the sandals, well, they're beautiful aren't they? Walking around in them, I can vouch that they are one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever set my little feet in! I love the fact that you can also change up the styles, from gladiator to t-straps, the ways of styling are endless. And don't worry about not knowing how to style them because Sseko Designs have already made video tutorials that are conveniently on their website to help (I know I needed some help, hah!) The particular style shown here is called The Classic, it took all of two minutes to style the shoe. The color I chose was from their wedding series: Royal Blue Wedding (DON'T Worry Mom, no plans there).  The straps are pretty durable and won't break due to constant styling. The bottoms are very sturdy as well. 

If you want a pair of your own, fear not! I have a 15% off discount code that will be available to use all of August: MaryGrace30

Follow Mangotatoes tweet Mangotatoes Bloglovin Mangotatoes

No comments: